Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: GAC2012 Accommodation Thread

Default Re: GAC2012 Accommodation Discussion

Woohoo!! All booked at the grand mercure. My significant, grainy other suggests that packing is a little premature.
    I am hoping to meet as many AFAers as possible. May even give Annie and 2Dogs a run for their money in the 'How many forumites have you met' stakes
    Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.

I am looking to share accommodation at next years GAC in a hotel near the convention. If anyone is interested please email me.

Praxis is offline Here come the drums, here come the drums!

Default Re: GAC2012 Accommodation Thread

MOD NOTE:

I've just realised that this thread has taken somewhat of a derail into general chit chat so I am going to move some chit-chat stuff into the general discussion thread about the GAC, which is the Now It's Official thread.

We need to leave this thread for speciifc discussion about accommodation, such as Linda Harris's post (now shown above), which will otherwise get lost.

I'm just going to do this rather than tiptoe around the niceties of "I hope you don't mind if I..." because all of those involved (including me!) are grown-up enough to cop it sweet

Please continue the discussion re chocolate, the Annie/Two Dogs Race To Meet Every Forum Member, etc. in to the general thread.

Thanks everyone!

/END MOD NOTE
    I've never been very good at knowing "my place". Well actually I have, it's just never been where you want it to be.

Is the AFA going to organise cheap deals at some of the hotels like last time?
    I think, therefore I'm not a sheep

Quote OzAtheist said View Post
    Is the AFA going to organise cheap deals at some of the hotels like last time?
    Yes this information was up, then we had a server crash. I have been flat out with a myriad of stuff but will collate it all again asap.
    Spearthrower: "There are words like vacuous & cunt that are applicable."

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?

Quote davo said View Post
    Yes this information was up, then we had a server crash. I have been flat out with a myriad of stuff but will collate it all again asap.
    You are a (over-worked) marvel Davo. Thanks, will postpone booking till then
    I think, therefore I'm not a sheep

If people are very hard up on cash (as I am now!) I suggest looking through the options on www.hostelworld.com. Awsome site and you can look at hostels from location, quite a few around the area.

Prices range form $20 a night for a dorm to up to $100 a night for privates.
    Stayed in plenty of places like this while travelling Japan and they are awsome, and for the broke among us, the place to be!
    I've learned that evolution is not just a theory, religion is not the path to truth, and that there probably isn't a God.
    Amazing what being able to research the internets can do to your personal world view, eh?

Is Crown seriously fully booked out from the 13th to the 15th already?

Back to the drawing board.

Accommodation options and deals via the Accommodation page (under the FAQ menu as a drop down)

http://www.atheistconvention.org.au/accommodation/
    Spearthrower: "There are words like vacuous & cunt that are applicable."

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?