View Single Post
Old 15th September 2017, 10:21 PM
What Me Deluded?

Default Re: When Climate Change Denial Is All One Can Do.

Reading this short article I was filled with indignation, rancour and dudgeon, about Charles Koch and the exclusive Mont Pelerin Society, of which John Howard is also a member. Maurice Newman, Bob Day. Is Tony Abbott a member too? Why wouldn't he be?

To claim that climate scientists and cancer research scientists fabricate falsehood and obfuscation out of purely pecuniary interest says nothing about such a claim and everything about the claimants, their total amorality. Their sacred neo-liberal ideology is toxic. They themselves are maleficent, dangerous, criminal. And they know it.

We members and contributors to the AFA Forums do it because it is hugely rewarding but one also hopes to do some good, I'm sure. It looks it to me. Something has to be done.

The Guardian
Sept 15
Graham Readfearn

Climate change scepticism
Planet Oz

The idea that climate scientists are in it for the cash has deep ideological roots

Quote:
Author and academic Nancy MacLean says cynicism about the motives of public servants, including government-backed climate scientists, can be traced to a group of neoliberals and their ‘toxic’ ideas
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ological-roots
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black, wadaye, DanDare thanked this post