View Single Post
Old 11th March 2017, 09:51 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: 20 million people without food

And countries in Africa that used to grow enough food to feed themselves and export to other African countries are now importing food.

Seriously Africa is fucking huge, I don't mean that in that it's pretty big, it is fucking huge! Africa is 20% of the worlds land mass, bigger than the US and Canada combined, they have larger agricultural area, more resources, and it's all squandered and destroyed because they can't get together and manage to have peace.

Oh yes over the centuries the west is hugely to blame, we pulled down well run kingdoms, installed petty dictators, drew straight lines through tribal regions and called them countries and set Africans against each other. But even now they have such abundance of resources they could put a wall up around the coast, tell the rest of the world to fuck off and do very well indeed.

I suspect it's in the interests of the rest of the worlds oligarchs and imperialists that doesn't happen because they would be taking the back seat. They have screwed it up so badly by centuries of imperial and colonial activity I don't see them recovering to what they should have been by now for hundreds of years. But one day they will, and I hope they forgive us for what our ancestors did, and some of us even now continue to do.