View Single Post
Old 27th February 2009, 09:57 AM
SIR Vacuous cunt
Default Re: atheism & freemasonry - can they coexist?

good points Sharpie44, I am still evaluating my stance, as I have limited information on the current status of freemasonry, but point you at some issues as I see it.

I will also point you at as I find the us-centric approach of many of the folk from your country quite annoying in discussions. There is more to the world than your country.

My assumptions are based on the Masonic temples, the churches, in 1717, a United Grand Lodge was formed in London, using Dr. John Anderson's Constitution to standardize the rituals and practices. Anderson had stipulated in his Constitution that:
A Mason is obliged, by his tenure, to obey the Moral Law: and if he rightly understands the Art, he will never be a stupid Atheist nor an irreligious libertine....
This has carried thru to today, and I also point you to the United Grand Lodge of Englands website :
"Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. It demands of its members a belief in a Supreme Being but provides no system of faith of its own. "

"The names used for the Supreme Being enable men of different faiths to join in prayer (to God as each sees Him) without the terms of the prayer causing dissention among them.

There is no separate Masonic God; a Freemason's God remains the God of the religion he professes.

Freemasons meet in common respect for the Supreme Being, but He remains Supreme in their individual religions, and it is no part of Freemasonry to attempt to join religions together. There is therefore no composite Masonic God. "

"The Bible, referred to by Freemasons as the Volume of the Sacred Law, is always open at every Masonic meeting."

"Freemasonry is far from indifferent to religion. Without interfering in religious practice it expects each member to follow his own faith, and to place above all other duties his duty to God, by whatever name He is known. Its moral teachings are acceptable to all religions.

Freemasonry is thus a supporter of religion."
Whereas Freemasonry can be argued as Secular, it is not Atheist.
Spearthrower: "There are words like vacuous & cunt that are applicable."

(delta p)*(delta q) >= h/(4*pi) ----- An explanation of Logical Fallacies : ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco ----- How do I post video etc here?