View Full Version : Atheist week on Facebook
20th March 2010, 09:30 PM
Anybody know about or want to be in this?
21st March 2010, 04:55 AM
Can't. We've a few family members on ours we still haven't come out to yet.
21st March 2010, 05:09 AM
I recently changed my FB profile pic to the atheist oval (like the country code stickers on vehicles) but I'll do this on the 29th.
I'm still waiting for my friends list to drop in response!
21st March 2010, 08:00 AM
Hmmm not sure - I'm always posting Atheist links and I think people are probably getting sick of it :P
24th March 2010, 07:54 PM
Been out and out since day dot of realising there is no G_d, dog, etc.
When asked, I come right out and say it.
Actually most people I know are atheist's...............even work mates.
25th March 2010, 09:17 PM
Im in and have sent off invites to others.
26th March 2010, 04:59 AM
My wife and I are both in.
26th March 2010, 03:56 PM
i'm in if Annie is
26th March 2010, 04:41 PM
I already have a massive scarlet A on my facebook page, but I am in anyway.
27th March 2010, 08:36 PM
'A' Week on Facebook - 29 Mar 10 to 6 Apr 10
Monday, March 29, 2010 at 12:00am
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 12:00am
Will you do 'A'theist Week On Facebook and help raise awareness that the world is full of people who are 'good without God' and who don't need religion to influence their lives?
To take part is easy... on Monday, 29 March 2010 set the letter 'A' graphic to be your Facebook profile photo. As the 'A' appears all across the site keep it 'good' and enjoy the experience!
Get yourself ready...
* First of all, make sure you've joined 'A' Week so you'll be able to receive updates about the event - click here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Week/337279394287
* RSVP you will attend 'A' Week On Facebook (this will help create feeds on Facebook to promote the event)
* Invite friends who you know will be interested to taking part (the event settings allow you to do this)
* Download the 'A' image from http://www.AWeekOnFacebook.com (it is copyright free, original quality, and has been formatted to work correctly with Facebook - please don't alter it!)
* On Monday, 29 March 2010 upload the 'A' image to your Facebook profile photos and set it to be your profile photo for the week
* As the 'A' appears all across the site keep it 'good' and enjoy the experience!
* If you're on Twitter: http://twitter.com/AWeekOnFacebook #aweek or #AWEek
'A' Week is not about being disrespectful to religion or people who have religious views, it's about quietly showing that there are more people than may be realized who are 'good without God' and who don't need religious doctrine to influence their lives. Not sure if this has been posted on this forum elsewhere. There is already a very positive no of people attending.
28th March 2010, 06:35 PM
I think it's a bit late for me to 'come out' for ‘A’ Week On Facebook.
I've been promoting myself through my blog Jin-oh – Atheist|Geek|Nerd|Social (http://jin-ohchoi.id.au/blog/) and my Facebook Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/jinoh.atheist.geek.nerd.social) for my blog. (A bit of self-promotion).
But it hasn't been to bad. Haven't really lost to many friends yet. But have been making up for it with Atheist friends. :)
28th March 2010, 10:09 PM
Atheist friends are much more fun. You won't miss the others for long. :)
28th March 2010, 10:42 PM
We love you jin-oh! ;)
30th March 2010, 07:12 PM
Done on Monday. Haven't been told to burn in Hell yet. Where is the fun? :rolleyes:
31st March 2010, 08:26 PM
We love you jin-oh! ;)
Aww, shucks. LOL.
If anyone wants to add me feel free to 'Jin-oh Choi (http://www.facebook.com/jinohchoi)'. You might might want to add you forum name as Face book is flooded with Scarlet A's. :)
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.