PDA

View Full Version : Girl Dies While Parents Pray

secular swarm
16th August 2009, 07:31 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23832053/

This is a topic I had up on another web forum I figured I'd bring here.

Both parents were charged and face up to 25 years in prison.

Fearless
16th August 2009, 11:32 AM
Makes you sick just thinking about it. :mad:

And I guess they have some sort of rationale as to why gawd decided to take her to heaven in the end... maybe she was meant to be an angel or something but gawd got confused so gave her diabetes to fix the issue.

I also bet there are some picketers saying that putting the parents in jail is unjust under the eyes of gawd.

For a brief period my mother got mixed up in the JW crackpot club, and refused to have blood transfusions... my mother has been battling health issues for most of her life and it made me bloody angry. I told her straight that she was being selfish to her family (me) if she is willing to give up her life because some group of space cadets said it had to be the way. That she was prepared to leave me (I was about 23) alone with no family. She soon woke up to herself thank goodness.

More recently I had another similar argument with her over her wills (her and my step father) given she had been told that a will is not really necessary given the day of judgement is coming and it will not mean a thing anyway! Not that I am after the money but you can't not have a will, it just messes everything up. She thankfully woke up to that too.

Those parents, sitting in jail better hope that the wardens don't just sit outside her cell and pray for food to materialise or something using their own f'd up logic. Praying for wings to fly out of jail maybe a better option for them!

c2009
16th August 2009, 12:19 PM
For a brief period my mother got mixed up in the JW crackpot club, and refused to have blood transfusions... my mother has been battling health issues for most of her life and it made me bloody angry. I told her straight that she was being selfish to her family (me) if she is willing to give up her life because some group of space cadets said it had to be the way. That she was prepared to leave me (I was about 23) alone with no family. She soon woke up to herself thank goodness.

More recently I had another similar argument with her over her wills (her and my step father) given she had been told that a will is not really necessary given the day of judgement is coming and it will not mean a thing anyway! Not that I am after the money but you can't not have a will, it just messes everything up. She thankfully woke up to that too.

Those parents, sitting in jail better hope that the wardens don't just sit outside her cell and pray for food to materialise or something using their own f'd up logic. Praying for wings to fly out of jail maybe a better option for them!

My grandma's one of those. She's not really an active JW, but she still believes in all the crazy restrictions. At her age, and with her health conditions, her refusal to take blood transfusions really does hinder her quality of life. Many times she might've been out of hospital in days as opposed to weeks had she taken them.

I can understand *why* they don't like blood transfusions (the life of a being is in its blood; the blood of non-JWs is tainted, etc), but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Thankfully she has made her will, so that won't be an issue.

As far as the story - that's just plain stupid. Even if you thought prayer was helpful, there are two of the parents. why not have one drive her to hospital and the other stay behind praying with the family and meet up later? Duh!

Poor kid.

Sir Patrick Crocodile
16th August 2009, 12:46 PM
They could have used some of this (http://www.peterpopoff.org/msw.php)