PDA

View Full Version : The worst facebook status i've ever read...

CoachPedro
2nd December 2011, 03:27 PM
Yesterday I logged onto facebook to see that a friend of mine updated her facebook status based on the Queensland governments decision to allow same sex civil union. When I read it initially I was utterly speechless.

It seems only some are entitled to an opinion. I risk losing fb friends by posting this but think it's important to stand up for my beliefs.

I'll start by saying I am NOT a 'gay hater' or anything even close. I believe Jesus loves the world but NOT our sin (me inclusive), and that is the view that I hold to.

I'm not in agreement with the civil union bill that's been passed in QLD today. I personally support the Biblical view that marriage was designed to be between a man and a woman.

This is just the beginning for churches, who will be forced to either compromise their beliefs or face persecution, and one day, even legal action.

We are already seeing the consequences of breaking away from Biblical morals.

Just look at what happened when we decided to stop disciplining our kids. Now we're surround by a society of disrespectful juveniles who refuse to grow up.

A breakaway from observing the sabbath has resulted in many families not being able to spend even ONE day together since sunday trading was introduced.

Our limp-wristed justice system is a prime example of what happens when we break away from Biblically-based laws, where corporal punishment was once enforced.

And STD's are just ONE of the many consequences of not holding to the Biblical view that virginity until marriage is a GOOD thing. This doesn't even take into account all the emotional ramifications of having multiple partners etc.

I think it's essential to stand for SOMETHING, or else you will stand for ANYTHING.

AUSloth
2nd December 2011, 03:57 PM
This is just the beginning for churches, who will be forced to either compromise their beliefs or face persecution, and one day, even legal action.

and what a damn shame that would be eh? Boot on the other foot after how many centuries? Why does that wonderful word Twat spring to mind.:mad:

Voltairine
2nd December 2011, 04:00 PM
...Biblically-based lawsYeah!

But just to get a few things straight which the FB poster can surely be able to answer...

Disrespectful kids... is it only the parents who can kill them or can we all have a go? And second, knickers... cotton with elastic... do I kill myself or will someone help me out with that? These are matters to get clarification on.

wolty
2nd December 2011, 04:02 PM
It seems only some are entitled to an opinion. I risk losing fb friends by posting this but think it's important to stand up for my beliefs.
Opinions are worth fuckall. Most sensible people realise this.

I'll start by saying I am NOT a 'gay hater' or anything even close. I believe Jesus loves the world but NOT our sin (me inclusive), and that is the view that I hold to. Provisos are for aresholes.

I'm not in agreement with the civil union bill that's been passed in QLD today. I personally support the Biblical view that marriage was designed to be between a man and a woman.Cherry picking. Obviously you leave out the stoning bits.

This is just the beginning for churches, who will be forced to either compromise their beliefs or face persecution, and one day, even legal action.Only because churches refuse to move into a modern world.

We are already seeing the consequences of breaking away from Biblical morals.Stoning et al. What a poor example.

Just look at what happened when we decided to stop disciplining our kids. Now we're surround by a society of disrespectful juveniles who refuse to grow up. We are also surrounded by disrespectful god botherers also.

A breakaway from observing the sabbath has resulted in many families not being able to spend even ONE day together since sunday trading was introduced. Stone them all I hear you say?

Our limp-wristed justice system is a prime example of what happens when we break away from Biblically-based laws, where corporal punishment was once enforced. Fucking bullshit. The more religious a country is, the more dangerous.

And STD's are just ONE of the many consequences of not holding to the Biblical view that virginity until marriage is a GOOD thing. This doesn't even take into account all the emotional ramifications of having multiple partners etc. And the more religious a western society is, the more societal ills there are.

I think it's essential to stand for SOMETHING, or else you will stand for ANYTHING. When you get to Nazism let me know.

Loki
2nd December 2011, 04:13 PM
I'm still waiting for any of these bigots to explain to me how allowing same gender marriages will compromise the beliefs of churches or require their persecution*.

I have not heard anyone suggesting that churches will be forced at gunpoint to perform marriages for people they consider sub-human. Marriages can and are regularly performed by celebrants outside of churches, how same sex legislation would change this is beyond me. As far as I am aware any proposed legislation would maintain the right of churches to point out their own immoral bigotry by refusing to perform these ceremonies.

*unless you redefine the word persecution to include telling someone you disagree with their medieval bigotry.

davo
2nd December 2011, 04:17 PM
Our limp-wristed justice system is a prime example of what happens when we break away from Biblically-based laws, where corporal punishment was once enforced.Like stoning a man to death for picking up sticks on the sabbath

dilbadoon
2nd December 2011, 09:59 PM
I'm still waiting for any of these bigots to explain to me how allowing same gender marriages will compromise the beliefs of churches or require their persecution*.

I have not heard anyone suggesting that churches will be forced at gunpoint to perform marriages for people they consider sub-human. Marriages can and are regularly performed by celebrants outside of churches, how same sex legislation would change this is beyond me. As far as I am aware any proposed legislation would maintain the right of churches to point out their own immoral bigotry by refusing to perform these ceremonies.

*unless you redefine the word persecution to include telling someone you disagree with their medieval bigotry.

And you'll continue to wait, for some time. I heard on the Hack interview today, that one gay activist they quoted specifically said the legislation should be written in a way that no church would be forced to marry any couple if they didn't agree to it. Let them keep their pathetic homophobia locked behind their church doors, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the real world.

Logic please
2nd December 2011, 11:51 PM
@coach: yep, the sentiments in that FB status are pretty odious, IMHO. As soon as I see a prefacing disclaimer, like this:
I'll start by saying I am NOT a 'gay hater' or anything even close. I believe Jesus loves the world but NOT our sin (me inclusive), and that is the view that I hold to.
...I look for the exact opposite to *shine* through, in deeds and attitudes.

Unfortunately, I am rarely disappointed. :mad:
And you'll continue to wait, for some time. I heard on the Hack interview today, that one gay activist they quoted specifically said the legislation should be written in a way that no church would be forced to marry any couple if they didn't agree to it.
There is some precedent on this matter - LINK (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255030/Ban-lifted-gay-weddings-church.html):
Gay couples will be able to marry in church after the House of Lords last night lifted a ban on same sex unions in religious premises.

The vote wipes out one of the final distinctions between marriage and civil partnerships.

It provoked warnings that it would undermine the institution of marriage.
The amendment to the Equality Bill does not force churches to accept civil partnership ceremonies.

But it lifts the barrier that had been in place preventing homosexual blessings in churches and also the prohibition on religious language being used in such ceremonies.
Same tired religious canards were being trotted out back then. You'd think they'd get some new shtick, given the singular fail of the old. ;)

Even worse, just check out the date of the article:
Last updated at 12:48 AM on 4th March 2010
We're barely at the fucking starting-gates, by comparison. And the UK were at this *advanced stage*, more than 18 months ago.

So, we're a forward-thinking society, are we...? :eek:

simonecuttlefish
3rd December 2011, 01:08 AM
A breakaway from observing the sabbath has resulted in many families not being able to spend even ONE day together since sunday trading was introduced.
Sabbath is sundown Friday till three stars appear on Saturday night, you stupid, biblically illiterate moron fool.

simonecuttlefish
3rd December 2011, 01:11 AM
Just look at what happened when we decided to stop disciplining our kids. Now we're surround by a society of disrespectful juveniles who refuse to grow up.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

King James Version (KJV)

18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Leviticus 20:9

King James Version (KJV)

9For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Proverbs 30:17

King James Version (KJV)

17The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.

Oh, and just in case it's woman saying this .....

1 Corinthians 14:34

English Standard Version (ESV)

34(A (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2014:34&version=ESV#cen-ESV-28696A)) the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but(B (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2014:34&version=ESV#cen-ESV-28696B)) should be in submission, as(C (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2014:34&version=ESV#cen-ESV-28696C)) the Law also says.

simonecuttlefish
3rd December 2011, 01:25 AM
And STD's are just ONE of the many consequences of not holding to the Biblical view that virginity until marriage is a GOOD thing.

Unless you are a betrothed virgin and GOD RAPES YOU AND DUMPS YOU PREGNANT IN A SOCIETY THAT WANT'S TO KILL YOU FOR IT!

You sicko!

simonecuttlefish
3rd December 2011, 01:52 AM
I believe Jesus loves the world but NOT our sin (me inclusive), and that is the view that I hold to.Yep. I save the BEST till last.

So God gets a betrothed virgin pregnant, knowing it will result in a genocide event while telling her and ONLY her and her husband to get out of dodge while the genocide occurs, and THEN ...

1) Gets born and does NOTHING for decades
2) Performs a few magic tricks to con everyone
3) Has one bad afternoon, then rises to be the supreme ruler of the universe and has the deranged perversity to call it a SACRIFICE.
4) Created HELL just before setting up the entire scam that he knew was going to happen, and then BLAME everyone for it, even though he arranged it to happen in advance.
5) Commanding us all to be responsible for the FAKED DEATH TRICK he pulled and made happen, and said we should venerate the HUMAN SACRIFICE TRICK he pulled, as opposed to be sickened by it, as I am.
6) Lovely fluffy bunny love and smiling Jesus is not like the genocidal, temper tantrum throwing homicidal tortuous plague hurling dummy spitter God of the old testament? Read Revelation, and you will will see that Jesus comes back as a monster! Flames pouring from his eyes, his gown drenched in blood, a giant sword coming from his mouth slicing the people of earth to guts and blood, while the carrion birds feed upon the murdered victims flesh. So, sounds nice hey?

It's all sickening. Very very sickening.

P.S. Nearly forgot ... Who can produce evidence Jesus ever existed? NO ONE!

Arcanyn
3rd December 2011, 02:40 AM
I'm not in agreement with the civil union bill that's been passed in QLD today. I personally support the Biblical view that marriage was designed to be between a man and a woman.

And also the Biblical view mandating marriage between a woman and her rapist?

Dancer
3rd December 2011, 08:45 PM
:eek::(:mad::(:mad:

I stopped dancing for a moment there.

Sir Patrick Crocodile
3rd December 2011, 09:57 PM
You know what I think. I think we should fucking ban those heterosexual marriages. Seriously... they're the ones who keep having gay babies.

Bloody heretics. :p

Oh by the way when is Sabbath? Is it Friday or Saturday? I know people who work on both days so how should I stone them to death? I mean should I approach them quietly or...

gruber
3rd December 2011, 09:57 PM
you get some good comments on the Atheist group page on facebook

simonecuttlefish
3rd December 2011, 11:27 PM
You know what I think. I think we should fucking ban those heterosexual marriages.

Hi Croc - John Waters recently said the marriage equity campaigners are going about it all wrong. He said, that what they should REALLY be doing, is campaigning to make heterosexual divorce illegal.

Then you would get marriage equity in no time flat to shut them up :)

DanDare
4th December 2011, 03:54 PM
Yet another religious knucklehead doing a reality inversion. "Allowing someone else to do X persecutes me, and persecution is not to be enshrined in law",
where X is:
women speaking in church, government, public
children disagreeing with their parents
people not believing in stupid faith Z
people having sexual and family relations not authorised by the bigots
eating food with the wrong hand
eating the wrong sort of food, or the right food on the wrong day
not paying paying my religious institution money or giving it a tax concession.

Yep, look at all those nasty ways to persecute poor diddums.

CoachPedro
6th December 2011, 10:15 AM
You know what I think. I think we should fucking ban those heterosexual marriages....

interestingly I posed this question, asking why she doesn't make a big song & dance about making hetrosexual divorces illegal since the bible is quite clear about divorce. The response was pretty flat 'Great argument Pete ;) I don't agree with divorce either. Civil union just happens to be a current issue'.

On a different note, one of her firneds posted (on the status ), a comment which came totally out of left field & also left me feeling a bit 'WTF'

very well said Bianca, pity the idiots out there dont stop and think before putting mouth into gear, Our system is breaking down because we dont speak out...and when we do we get shot down in flames. I am not racist but chariety begins at home not at boat loads of free loaders ect ect ect about time the navy started using our misiles to sort this problem out.Now think about that one....DO GOODERS!!!!

Spud Henley
6th December 2011, 10:45 PM
The whole gay marriage thing is being blown out of all proportions. The bastards in Canberra should vote yes or no and be done with it, stop wasting time and money. But that's not a stupid face book comment. I do however have a stupid twitter twat.

Paul Verhoeven, a Triple J presenters labelled Julia Gillard a 'whore' and Tim Mathieson her 'gay' boyfriend because they won't allow gay marriage. First dickhead, they have finally allowed a conscience vote. Second shithead, I'd be worried about the other brain-dead macho clown Abbott who really stands in the way of allowing the latest progression of society.

Paul Verhoeven you're a dick. I'm not one to really go out and defend politicians but get your head out of your arse and look at the bigger picture in allowing this marriage amendment. If there's a politician to attack you're targeting the wrong one and making a fool of yourself in the process.

Bolero
7th December 2011, 04:03 PM
And you'll continue to wait, for some time. I heard on the Hack interview today, that one gay activist they quoted specifically said the legislation should be written in a way that no church would be forced to marry any couple if they didn't agree to it. Let them keep their pathetic homophobia locked behind their church doors, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the real world.

I actually think it would be EXCELLENT if gays were legally allowed to marry, and the church continued to stick its fingers in its ears and go "lalalalalalala", because they would find that without that progressive forward movement, they quickly become irrelevant to modern society, and by the time they catch up, they will have lost even more disillusioned followers.

Wishful thinking?

DanDare
7th December 2011, 05:10 PM
I actually think it would be EXCELLENT if gays were legally allowed to marry, and the church continued to stick its fingers in its ears and go "lalalalalalala", because they would find that without that progressive forward movement, they quickly become irrelevant to modern society, and by the time they catch up, they will have lost even more disillusioned followers.

Wishful thinking?
Nah, spot on IMHO. Oh wait, use the new smileys....:thumbsup:

Centauri
7th December 2011, 07:25 PM
In this day and age, that two adults who love each other can't get married in this country, is utterly ridiculous.

It just goes to show that humanity still got a lot of growing up to do.