PDA

View Full Version : Madrassa with the Crocodile #8 - In the Number of Allah

Sir Patrick Crocodile
26th November 2011, 11:34 PM
INDEX

Cannot think of a name for Allah? Try using numbers instead. Had Intel released an i786 processor they would be very popular with muslims for example. Speed limits of 110km/h are also quite popular. Tack ten RC monster race-car Ni-Cd/Ni-MH battery packs for an output of 72V and you have a winner.

First a disclaimer: these are just things I remember from madrassa and I have yet to see things about this in the Qur'an but then again I haven't read the whole thing and there is not a lot of benefit in me doing so in my opinion.

Here are basically where the numbers come from:

Bismillah - in the name of Allah
Often seen on number plates, phone numbers, passwords, etc.

I think this is an equivalent of "786" but I cannot remember. It happens to be the second most "prized" number I have ever seen and often used in conjunction with "786" such as "786/110" or "786-110" or so (so probably is the "most wonderful, most merciful" part of "Bismillah hirrahmaan nirraheem"?)

It could be too that many of these important pious people were often living up to 110+ years old while their wives were teenagers. There was one imam who was 116 years old (not quite sure what his name was now...) and his wife Sakkina was 15-16 years old. Of course for some mysterious and very inexplicable reason the imam died sooner than the wife.

It also happens to be the speed limit in some major highways in New South Wales so one who has had a heavy night on the chemicals could always point out that even the RTA recognizes the Islamic holy number.

There was a story about Maulana Hassan (or was it Hussein?) who apparently married someone just for convenience. That someone was the daughter of "the enemy" - and apparently she was told by her relatives to poison her husband's drink.
The husband, having psychic powers and shit, knew this was going to happen.

The wife crushed some glass (or diamonds) and spiked his water with it. Of course, being all knowing and all wise and all psychic and shit, the Maulana drank it.

He knew this would happen but of course wise men always want to get themselves killed so they can claim to be martyrs even though they go straight to jannat (heaven) after that.

Later he died after his liver broke into 72 pieces.

As for the 72 virgins thing, it could be people mentioning this number in combination with Surah 2:25 (http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/2/index.htm#25) and the "72 virgins" interpretation came about:
And give glad tidings (O Muhammad) unto those who believe and do good works; that theirs are Gardens underneath which rivers flow; as often as they are regaled with food of the fruit thereof, they say: this is what was given us aforetime; and it is given to them in resemblance. There for them are pure companions; there for ever they abide.
Notice "pure companions" - I am currently under the impression that a lot of fat hairy men are quite pure as well.