PDA

View Full Version : I getz YouTube commentz

djarm67
21st November 2011, 11:28 AM
1. Atheism and Christianity are both ' world views' lets not just assume that Atheism is a position of skepticism on the God question (agnosticism), it is a negative stance on the existence of God, it is a world view that WILL change how you live your life. Therefore It must demonstrate how it better fits the evidence than Christian theism does and if it fails in this respect, Christian theism stands. Please shut up and stop claiming that it does not need to provide reasons for its assertions
unitethechurch 2 days ago

@unitethechurch Atheism is a retronymic philosophical classification.

Theism is belief in a God or gods (there are many subsets of this category). If you do not have a belief in a God or gods you are an implicit (or weak) atheist. A subset of implicit atheists are explicit (or strong) atheists. Explicit atheists, whilst not holding a belief in a God or gods extend this to state that a God or gods do not exist. All other beliefs regarding supernaturalism are irrelevent to these categories.
djarm67 2 days ago

@djarm67 I disagree with that system of classification. The clarification needs to be made that these are competing world views. It is not a case of, do unicorns exist, or does the tooth theory exist, but rather a question of the nature of reality. I would suggest that this position is one that Atheists have created so that there is no need to investigate whether their hypothesis is better at explaining the evidence.

@unitethechurch Your disagreement with the classification is irrelevant. You can't simply change the meaning of a philosophical category because you find it difficult to argue against.
djarm67 2 days ago

@djarm67 I see no reason to call it weak Atheism as if this stance were any different to the position of strong Atheism. The position of not having a belief in God or God's is exactly the same as having the belief that no God or God's exist. Since not having a belief in God or God's inherently presumes that no God or God's exist. They are the same position phrased differently.

@unitethechurch You argument from ignorance regarding the different philosophical categories of implicit (weak) or explicit (strong) atheism is irrelevant.
djarm67 2 days ago

@djarm67 and If an Atheist wants to challenge me on their being insufficient evidence I will tell him that faith (ascent to belief) is needed in almost all situations since there is no certainty outside of knowing that you exist as a thinking being. Outside of that there is only evidence. Whatever world view best fits the evidence should therefore be accepted since there is no such thing as sufficient evidence for a belief, only the best available hypotheses. There is no such thing as proof.

@unitethechurch Please provide repeatable, verifiable evidence for the existence of ANY supernatural phenomena. Subit it to the James Randi Foundation and then pick up your cheque for $2M. I wonder why none of these church leaders have been able to do this so far?
djarm67 2 days ago

@djarm67

LOL DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK GOD IS GOING TO BE A GOOD LITTLE LAB RAT, HOW ARROGANT OF YOU. Everyone knows this cheque idea is a farce, God is not a cosmic genie that will heal every single person who prays.

I do not base my faith on miracles (although I have seen many, and have personally laid hands on the person who was healed). I believe what I do because it is the best explanation available for my experience, and evidence from science, history and philosophy.
unitethechurch 1 day ago

@unitethechurch So you don't have enough faith to submit your "healing hands" to the James Randi Foundation? Join the list of other snake oil salesmen.
djarm67 1 day ago

@djarm67 why would supernatural healing be empiracally testable?? By its very definition it is healing outside of the natural realm. The James Randi foundation is a crock of shit, no Christian believes in a God that heals on command like a genie, the Christian God is not a God who will be domesticated by arrogant humans who forget their place. When I pray for someone I have no idea if they will get healed or not, but there is a chance that they will, and sometimes they do. Grow up
unitethechurch 1 day ago

@unitethechurch So I take it you just ignore Luke 17:6 "So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you."
djarm67 1 day ago

@djarm67 No I do not 'ignore' this passage. I just read it in its context 1. In the passage Jesus is talking to the disciples in particular 2. The point of the passage is not to make some incredible promise that God is now our vending machine and whatever we say will now be done, but rather a use of hyperbole to show the disciples that if they have enough faith they can do anything, things they never considered they could do. Theres this thing called exegesis, maybe you should look into it.
unitethechurch 20 hours ago

@unitethechurch Translation: "We just ignore what this passage says and pretend it says something else so that we don't have to face the reality that our particular collection of mythological books are wrong."
djarm67 13 hours ago This exchange is from over here (http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=isslBW_sb9M)

Fearless
21st November 2011, 12:23 PM
How many brick walls do you have around you?

Their ignorance is such that they will compartmentalise anything they do not understand with a standard response to explain it.

Then pile on contempt and unload all the excuses for their empty vessel of a god.

Logic please
21st November 2011, 01:47 PM
Head. Desk. :rolleyes:

IMO, a rich theistic conga-line of logical fallacies, PRATTs, special pleading and, when all else fails, attack the person instead of the argument... have I missed anything? :eek::rolleyes:

Kudos for your efforts, djarm. :)

Sieveboy
21st November 2011, 01:47 PM
Hilarious DJ. You certainly do get some curious examples of humanity. I don't think it liked your James Randi test.

crocoduck
21st November 2011, 02:14 PM
DJ, you are so calm, and the responses come back all emotional.

"Please shut up and stop..."

"How arrogant of you..."

"Everybody knows..."

"The Christian God (IS this) ...(IS NOT that)"

"Grow up"

"There's this thing.. maybe you should look into it <sarcasm>"

As well as content, the exchange is interesting from a psychological point of view! :)

gruber
21st November 2011, 03:17 PM
*grabs popcorn* MORESSSS :D

wolty
21st November 2011, 05:40 PM
Awesome DJ. I don't know how you stay calm though.

Sir Patrick Crocodile
21st November 2011, 07:59 PM
djarm69: After all that I would think your brain is cushioned by a reservoir of fluid and/or you are an elite wall boxer. :)

wolty: If you think that was bad try talking to members of a muslim family about similar subjects for a continuous interval of 15+ seconds. ;)

djarm67
21st November 2011, 10:07 PM
Cont

@djarm67 "We Atheist's, take a verse out of context, claim that all Christians must believe our uninspired foolish interpretation, then attempt to demonstrate that the bible is wrong by claiming that the Christian's are blind for not believing and acting upon our foolish interpretation, since what we insinuate the bible says is clearly false". I'm over talking to you, the kingdom of God has come near to you. Bye.
unitethechurch 4 hours ago

@unitethechurch Oh well. Run away. We hadn't even got to the scriptures condoning rape and slavery. Let alone whether birds are bats, whales are fish, how many legs do grasshoppers have, do rabbits chew the cud or the calculation of Pi. Still, wise decision to run away now before you are confronted with those scriptures.
djarm67 4 hours ago

If you have a YouTube account, feel free to join in. I doubt he will stay "gorne" away after my last comment.
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=isslBW_sb9M

gruber
1st December 2011, 12:50 PM
Ooooo i got some my first comment about some idiot saying homosexual populations dont exist in nature

over 400 spieces have known homosexual populations, of course it is unnatural since its occuring in nature

the reply

Animals also slaughter their own kind for food and mates, but that doesn't mean it's natural for people to do so

me

yes your absolutely right, not once in the entire history of humans, has one human killed another for food or a mate

them

Now there's no reason to trade your wisdom for foolishness. Mankind isn't supposed to behave like animals; we're given hearts and minds that can reason and empathize. Every human has a sense of morality, and it is only if one ignore this morality then could one become like an animal and slaughter his own fellow human for an animalistic reward (food or a mate).
Just because an animal does it, does not mean people should do it.

me

Well if your heart is doing your thinking the you have one hell of a problem. Me i was giving a brain that my ancestors evolved over millions of years, that was used to think hey maybe killing each other isnt such a beneficial idea, and over a hundred thousand years that brain was used to think working together brought more rewards and society was brouight together but then for some reason people started using a 1700 yr old book that has been edited beyond recognition

and then started judging, murdering and taking away their rights based on that book, well it kinda makes your whole point about humans not being animals (for some mythical reason) pretty none relevent. Which reminds me, what does murder have to do with homosexualtity, unless of course your religious and want to kill them

youngmoigle
7th December 2011, 01:48 AM
@djarm67

LOL DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK GOD IS GOING TO BE A GOOD LITTLE LAB RAT, HOW ARROGANT OF YOU.

Paul seems to think that god would be quite happy to be put to the test:

Romans 12:2
New International Version (1984)
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://bible.cc/romans/12-2.htm

djarm67
6th January 2012, 10:34 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/406654_355945171087822_100000170274871_1659883_159 7622561_n.jpg

sjd3
6th January 2012, 07:15 PM
hahahahahhahahahahahhahahaahahaha, that is actually hilarious!!!! :D:D:D

FSM
6th January 2012, 11:09 PM
why would supernatural healing be empiracally testable?? By its very definition it is healing outside of the natural realm.

Please ask him/her to explain why we never see any true "miracles" that lie completely outside the currently explainable laws of science and probability etc.
Like for example, oh:
- an amputee suddenly being "healed"
- someone who was profoundly born deaf can suddenly hear perfectly.
- Someone who was dead and was starting to decay away when they are suddenly bought back to life and jump out of the casket shouting "it's a miracle".

It always seems to be the lame-arse ones like, my aunt Gerty's cancer went into remission and the doctors can't explain it, it's a miracle! :rolleyes:

Dave.

gruber
11th January 2012, 01:43 AM
- an amputee suddenly being "healed"
- someone who was profoundly born deaf can suddenly hear perfectly.
- Someone who was dead and was starting to decay away when they are suddenly bought back to life and jump out of the casket shouting "it's a miracle".

you would most likely get the usual responses of: They dont have enough faith, it's part of gods plan and god moves in mysterious ways

gruber
21st January 2012, 11:17 AM
homosexuality is a choice. and you know why i know that? because i have had urges for the same sex. i can admit it. though i dont act on it because i know that its wrong. thats why i said it showed weakness because i dont need to give in to temptation to find happiness! uneducated? lol good one!

my reply

so you have homosexual urges that you have supressed, therefor, every single homosexual animal in existence has made the choice to have the functions and chemical reactions in their brain to be attracted to the same sex. Yep your still a ignorant idiot. If you want to believe in bronze age beliefs dont expect anyone to respect or congratulate you for ignoring the accumalated knowledge of the last 2000 years

Sir Patrick Crocodile
21st January 2012, 04:25 PM
Gruber: I'd have replied with this:
and I know being straight is a choice because I have had urges for the opposite sex. i can admit it.
Basically twist his reply around so it all of a sudden points to the polar opposite: if being homosexual is a choice, then since it is a sexual orientation, so is being straight.

stevebrooks
21st January 2012, 06:14 PM
Gruber: I'd have replied with this:
Quote:
and I know being straight is a choice because I have had urges for the opposite sex. i can admit it.
Basically twist his reply around so it all of a sudden points to the polar opposite: if being homosexual is a choice, then since it is a sexual orientation, so is being straight..

No need for any twisting at all, all he has demonstrated is that a) having sex with a member of the same sex or opposite sex is a choice available to a bisexual person and that b) he is an admitted bisexual, he has finally come out of the closet so tell all and sundry.

DanDare
21st January 2012, 06:56 PM
@djarm67 why would supernatural healing be empiracally testable?? By its very definition it is healing outside of the natural realm.
The thing that makes supernatural healing be empirically testable is that you have someone who is in need of healing (that is empirically testable) and they are either healed, when they would not otherwise be (that is empirically testable), or they are not.

djarm67
22nd January 2012, 07:32 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/404764_366524353363237_100000170274871_1695305_186 28665_n.jpg

DanDare
24th January 2012, 09:43 PM
WTF was that about? There are screws loose in there somewhere.

gruber
25th January 2012, 12:19 AM
WTF was that about? There are screws loose in there somewhere.

my protocol droid has been working overtime to figure it out..... is smoke coming out of a robot a good thing :eek:

gruber
25th January 2012, 12:44 AM
I hate faggots. Faggots should die. They are the human's disgrace.

me replying

@KostasTheGhost how is somethign that is used to start a fire a human disgrace...... are you suffering from a head injury, if so get to a hospital

djarm67
26th February 2012, 02:16 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/421285_396260733722932_100000170274871_1784524_150 292221_n.jpg

djarm67
9th March 2012, 09:45 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417680_405746442774361_100000170274871_1817197_200 0810002_n.jpg

wolty
9th March 2012, 09:48 PM
*smirk*:D

gruber
13th March 2012, 12:05 PM
was talking to some theist who said No to my question of "Is there any arguement, any evidence that would change your mind?"

I said he was close minded some other stuff and he said would I change my mind if i was given evidence, I said Yes and he posted this

Ok Edan Burg sorry I took a while to get back at ya I have very busy weekends.....ok so you tell me that if I can give you plausible proof you will go into this open minded and willing you will believe? Ok then I challenge that for 30 days ...that you atleast pray for 10 minutes uninterrupted that God give you faith and that you are willing to test his validity as well as read the bible for 15 min starting with the books of 1st and 2nd John and then starting with the gospels there after (if your a fast reader) and attend a CHRISTIAN church (not catholic) preferably somewhat of a Pentecostal denomination but as long as its biblically and doctrinally sound...and then if you feel nothing, see nothing or hear nothing then your proof is that God is not real but if you do then your proof is God is real.

NOW you hammered me for being closed minded so I employ you to try this WITH AN OPEN MIND....don't just say oh well I'm just doing this to prove someone wrong....go in it to find the truth for yourself! What's 30 days out of your entire life?? Not long so it's not really much to ask for...try it and see where it takes you. If Gods not real then you have nothing to worry about :)

I used to believe when I was a kid but after years of people saying "Just have faith" "gods true because the bible says its so, the bibles true because god says its so" faith just doesnt cut it for me anymore. Wehn I say evidence iam talking about something that would hold up in court, something that scientists are able to test again and again and get the same results that point towards your version of your god. If Personal feelings did count as proof as well as a book well that would prove sciencetology, jews, muslims, norse, hindus etc right. As much as you want it, chemical reactions in the human brain do not count as Evidence

Sir Patrick Crocodile
13th March 2012, 01:51 PM
Tell him that it is harder than it looks, and that without mind-altering substances or some serious brainwashing it would be difficult to obtain the level of insanity required to believe in such absurd rubbish. :D

gruber
13th March 2012, 06:01 PM
its get better

And as complex as life is you thing everything was honestly created just randomly.....if the sun was any closer earth would burn up...but if it was any further we would freeze...so you think that's random as well???

the distance between the Earth and the Sun differs between 147 million km from the Sun at its closest and 152 million km at its furthest point, so define "Closer" Mars proximity to the Sun and a weak magnetic field has caused the atmosphere... to be nearly blown off the planet, his is what will happen to the Earth in around 1 billion years as the Sun runs out of light elements and starts burning on the heavier stuff making it expand in size and temperature and in time consume the Earth an d majority of the Sol system. Also no i dont believe people just because they studied it, I believe it when I read the peer reviewed science journal

Sir Patrick Crocodile
13th March 2012, 06:12 PM
But do they not believe that everything was created randomly as well, albeit thanks to a mythical being?
Funny religious people can't work out that a lot of the things they try to peg atheists for, they do it and/or believe it themselves. :)

gruber
13th March 2012, 06:24 PM
dam character limit

I'm talking on a grande scale....so if multiple Christians wrote things in there journal you would believe this?

well if its subjected to the rigorious re-testing to ensure that what claim is being made is supported by the evidence and that the results arent forged and that the evidence actually stands upto testing, aka Peer review, then yes i would a...ccept it as the most complete scientific model to explain what it involves. If it doesnt stand upto any of that testing no prestigious science journal will publish it and if they did forge results they get kicked out of the profession like that guy who did the report saying that vaccines link autism, after being peer reviewed and discovered to fudged the results with a complete bias, his medical licence was revoked and is prohibited from ever practising again

gruber
30th April 2012, 12:07 PM
genocide no it doesn't. rape no it doesn't the bible speaks out against rape. the bible says if a man rapes a women he is to stoned or forced to marry her to treat her right he is given a choice. yep because of man's wrong doings man suffered the penalty of sin is death. Thank God for our loving God sending jesus sin is conquered and so is death the old laws are done bud quit quoting them. Do you understand the new and old covenant? jesus changed things

gotta love how christians can do mental backflips to make it sound like a man marrying his rape victim is punishment for him

Meissner
30th April 2012, 02:04 PM
However, I dont even see how an Atheist can argue against the bibles morality, by what moral standard is he or she judging? Given Atheism there is not right and wrong, no good or evil, only likes and dislikes. How can you say something is objectively wrong if there is no wrong.
unitethechurch

xMeissner (lil' old me)

Where is there morality in telling parents to stone their children to death exactly? Or saying if somebody tries to lead you to another god, yours should be the first hand on them to put them to death? If you want to throw out all the old testament laws, what about the ten commandments? If you read your bible correctly I think you will find that jeebus' death only fulfilled the sacrificial laws, none of the others were fulfilled by that. All this aside, why makes you think the bible is true?

gruber
2nd May 2012, 12:31 PM
some christian

your ignorance is more telling with every comment you make. Christianity managed to thrive because...wait for it.....God exists, loves us, Jesus Christ died and rose again and those who believed,both having seen or having heard, continued to share the Gospel. And yes, I'm well educated and continue to educate myself and the evidence is astounding. I always believed it was true and... then to see the evidence is truly amazing.

me

your ignorance is more telling with every comment you make. Santa managed to thrive because...wait for it.....Santa exists, loves us, Santa died and rose again and those who believed,both having seen or having heard, continued to share the Presents. And yes, I'm well educated and continue to educate myself and the evidence is astounding. I always believed it was true and then to see the evidence is truly amazing.

Meissner
2nd May 2012, 12:45 PM
@gruber

Nice, the old santa switcheroo, never fails ;)

gruber
2nd May 2012, 12:51 PM
People forget how Santa gave his life in the toy revolution and came back to life when a raindeer put its heart in him and thus allowed him to become leader of the raindeer. He led them ina final battle against the socialist elves and restored the empire of the Raindeer andgot the Elves back to work full time on slave wages PRAISE SANTA

Meissner
2nd May 2012, 01:42 PM
and hes an anagram for satan, gotta love that.

djarm67
19th July 2012, 09:22 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/484553_498198553529149_1356696458_n.jpg

Centauri
19th July 2012, 09:33 AM
You're an inspiration, djarm! :)

djarm67
19th July 2012, 02:37 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487260_498612493487755_1597645698_n.jpg

I getz Facebook wunz two

Centauri
19th July 2012, 03:25 PM
You're on fire! :D

DanDare
19th July 2012, 11:55 PM
Go dude! Any, uh, responses?

djarm67
20th July 2012, 09:55 AM
Yes. The person I responded to backtracked (which was fine).

The original poster of the thread then came back with,

Djarm- I'm not talking about interpreting but translating. I'm not sticking up for the morality or lack thereof in the bible.

FYI, having to marry the one you got pregnant was, for that time, actually an improvement for the poor girl tha...t would have been thrown out of her society. The Hebrew laws were steps in the right direction. But to go by them today would be a gigantic step backwards.

Still, if you don't know what the original text said, and you go on & on & on about something IT DID NOT SAY, you are WORSE than Brigham Young -- you are just like those who accepted his "translations" of Egyptian hieroglyphs.

If you are going to going to point the finger, get it right -- or I will call you an idiotic hypocrite. Just like I call Brigham Young.See More

The Bible is a COLLECTION of books. If you believe one verse is true it says nothing of other verses in other books.

IT IS NOT LIKE THE KORAN - one book by one author.

ONLY fundamentalists & atheists see it as one body of work that must live or die by each statement within it.

IF you want to look intelligent as an atheist, do not go requoting anything published by John Stone or a certain Mr. Grimm, who are self-styled bible experts who get everything they say WRONG.

As does the Black Bible Study on Youtube.

...They all are dumbing down the atheist movement by perpetuating mistranslations. The don't know ancient history, or Greek or Hebrews.

They think because they have read all of Bart Ehrman they are an expert just like him. Actually, I'd say they are just fishing for narcissistic supply.I've responded as such,

Steph said: "Djarm- I'm not talking about interpreting but translating."

However, your original statement says: "I am so sick of hearing/seeing atheists misinterpreting the King James Version of the bible."

This seems contradictory as you have already bypassed the "translating" component by discussing a particular version of a particular collection of books collectively known as the KJV.

We all agree, that we have none of the originals of any of the books. What we do have are copies of copies of translated interpretations. Even the multiple copies do not agree and we can even map some of the modifications to the texts to specific schisms which were occurring in the religious communities of the day. This is part of the reason there are over 36,000 different Christian denominations (more than there are verses in the Bible).

The majority of interactions where atheists are discussing scripture with theists is a response to particular brands of Christianity which are attempting to impose their worldview onto the rest of the populace via social policy, manipulation of the education system and favourable laws such as tax exemption. The trend is that it is the more fundamentalist end of the denominational spectrum which appears to be most vocal and active in these attempts. This end of the spectrum has tied its wagon to the concept of Sola Scriptura and claim that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Moderates and liberal Christians do not pose the same degree of recalcitrance and are fine with conceeding that the inerrancy status is false.

Your issue of misinterpreting the KJV is clearly predated by the scriptures themselves. My favourite examples are the comparison between the Masoretic text (where we get the source of the OT KJV) and the Septuagint (which was the earliest Greek translation), in common use in 1st century Palestine. The Septuagint lists the mother of the messiah as a virgin which was a mistranslation of the Hebrew for maiden. An entire doctrine arose from this mistake. We see Goliath grow from 6 foot 6 in the Septuagint to 9 foot 6 in the Masoretic. We even see mistranslations from the aramaic (spoken word of the day) to the Koine Greek with the Camel passing through the eye of a needle. (The aramaic word for camel was the similar to the word for rope as most rope was made from camel hair).

The reason you will see the majority of atheists scriptural responses are of the "as written" type is that this is the position of the vast majority of the fundamentalist end of the spectrum, literalism. In demonstrating the errors, contridictions and immorality of the "as written" literalist position, we crack the egg shell of the bubble which their cult leaders have built around them. It is only when they have moved from this literalist position, that true dialog and reasonableness can occur with regards to social policy, education etc.

Mithridates
20th July 2012, 01:12 PM
If God was unable to provide moral guidance about rape, slavery etc. above the level of human standards that applied at the time He supposedly inspired some bald monkeys to write His holy book, then what the fuck is religion for? What does it do?

DanDare
21st July 2012, 12:11 AM
The reason you will see the majority of atheists scriptural responses are of the "as written" type is that this is the position of the vast majority of the fundamentalist end of the spectrum, literalism. In demonstrating the errors, contridictions and immorality of the "as written" literalist position, we crack the egg shell of the bubble which their cult leaders have built around them. It is only when they have moved from this literalist position, that true dialog and reasonableness can occur with regards to social policy, education etc.
A little OT but I remember some years ago a Texan politician arguing against foreign language studies in US schools saying "If English was good enough for our Lord its good enough for our kids." :facepalm:

AUSloth
21st July 2012, 07:17 AM
@ Dan - I vaguely remember that but I thought it was protesting the translation of bibles into Mexican. "If English was good enough for Jebus.... etc"

Centauri
21st July 2012, 07:31 AM
@ Dan - I vaguely remember that but I thought it was protesting the translation of bibles into Mexican. "If English was good enough for Jebus.... etc"
Attributed to Miriam A. Ferguson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_A._Ferguson), although it may have been used earlier.

AUSloth
21st July 2012, 08:40 AM
Attributed to Miriam A. Ferguson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_A._Ferguson), although it may have been used earlier.

Cheers

djarm67
12th December 2012, 02:08 PM
Unfortunately, this longish discussion with a creationist has had to be cut short due to a series of homophobic comments he made on another thread. It was fun while it lasted.

https://www.facebook.com/djarm67/posts/521494734532864

Lilith
12th December 2012, 03:51 PM
His crowing about winning is cringeworthy.. He actually thinks he put forth a strong argument for his case?

He needs some more betterer booklearnin.

allcoffs
14th December 2012, 01:32 PM
and evidence from science, history and philosophy

people like to fool themselves with big words and a lack of knowledge

( and it should be SIR Richard Dawkins )

gruber
15th December 2012, 01:04 PM
found this comment on the NASA end of the world video

"Send this vid to your US Government who spent trillions and trillions of tax dollars building underground cities all over America.Ask your Government why they ship all the US gold to mars, why the FEDERAL RESERVE expires on the 21/12/2012, when the economy collapse it will be end of the world for billions of people, it is the end of the world for millions of innocent men, women and children the US Government is killing every day around the world. YOU HAVE ENDED THE WORLD OF THE INNOCENT."

Iseeyouthere
15th December 2012, 04:21 PM
.... what the hell is he smoking?

AUSloth
15th December 2012, 04:28 PM
found this comment on the NASA end of the world video

I used to think comments like that we're all trolling. Then I met a local fella training as an architect who believes several wild conspiracy theories like that. Sadly he is also currently burning off his ears with home made black salve. Seeming intelligent person but totally off the rails. :facepalm:

djarm67
17th December 2012, 10:13 PM
For context on this photo see below

Timeline summary

Initial thread where Noski rejected the rules and posts a rapid Gish Gallop

https://www.facebook.com/djarm67/posts/511310302217974

New thread once he agreed to the rules and the actual discussion begins.

https://www.facebook.com/djarm67/posts/521494734532864

Homophobic comments were on this thread, removed and reported.

https://www.facebook.com/djarm67/posts/340513692722887

He then claimed that he would upload this debate to YouTube as per Noble Baker's comment on 13/12 in the discussion thread.

On the 14/12 KiwIApologetics YouTube account is created and begins spamming my YouTube videos in relation to this discussion with the same pattern of erratic "multi"posts, deletions and typos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N25XHfmqT-4 (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DN25XHfmqT-4&h=SAQFTC1Ct&s=1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w451CmWBjB8 (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 Dw451CmWBjB8&h=hAQHfBI3s&s=1)

He clearly identifies himself in the posts then when I call him out he denies that it's him claiming that I have no evidence that it's him. He then makes a racist slur and when warned that he will be blocked again, he cries "no evidence" again. Here is a selection of the posts.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/603349_569077263107944_980839552_n.jpg
Liar! Bearing false witness is a breach of the 9th commandment!

DJ

gruber
20th December 2012, 09:06 PM
on facebook about the school slaughter someone mentioned the chinese attack

me
"Or that 20 odd children were stabbed in a Chinese school the same day as the Connecticut shooting."

How many were killed?

some person

You know something Edan,thats irrelvent, the children were still assaulted.Or is it necessary for the children to die before you give a crap.

i think the difference between being cut and being killed are pretty fucking relevant

Edan, you are an immensely shallow example of humanity. I am embarressed to be in the same thread as you.

Its OK to assault primary school children viciously with knives as long as you don't shoot them. Seriously you can make a distinction. My god there seriously is no hope for humanity.

dam right i can make a distinction. 20 kids were killed, dead, their brains no longer function and everything that made them them is gone. 20 kids will survive and get to go home to their families.

If you cant see the distinction you are a fucking idiot

also please qoute where i said it was ok a group of kids were assualted, when you dont youll just be a lying fucking idiot

Sieveboy
21st December 2012, 10:52 AM
Gruber, :facepalm::puke::headbang: best and worst on display.

djarm67
6th January 2013, 07:44 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544972_580407958641541_1459474882_n.jpg

AUSloth
6th January 2013, 08:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544972_580407958641541_1459474882_n.jpg

You are a raft of calm on a boiling sea of vitriol and stupidity.

A bit like Gaviscon :p :D

djarm67
6th January 2013, 08:14 PM
Some additional fun to be had with a Christian minister we used to know from our church a couple of years ago.

Click here for fun times (https://www.facebook.com/tess.jarman.7/posts/417645954970343)

wolty
6th January 2013, 08:28 PM
Some additional fun to be had with a Christian minister we used to know from our church a couple of years ago.

Click here for fun times (https://www.facebook.com/tess.jarman.7/posts/417645954970343)

Popcorn!!!!!!

Lilith
6th January 2013, 09:02 PM
Lets get ready to rumble!...

wolty
6th January 2013, 09:48 PM
Lets get ready to rumble!...

Heh. Playing on a psychic page with Ness and Prudie also. :D

djarm67
9th January 2013, 10:23 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/538027_581832455165758_1846866369_n.jpg

youngmoigle
12th January 2013, 02:38 PM
D'Anne Mudford said: There are lot of christians doing a whole lot of things to help others in need all over the world this is not newscasted though cause bad news sells....

Al Capone ran soup kitchens during the 1930s. It was a way to get the general population thinking he was a good guy while he carried on acting like a bad guy.

John Gotti organised Christmas parties for underprivileged children, not to help the children, but to get people in the area thinking he was a nice guy (instead of a mad killer).

The criminal bikie gangs join in every Christmas toy run in every country that holds them (they seem to running a contest to see who can have the biggest most expensive teddy bear strapped to the handlebars) but they don't do it to help the children. They do it in the hope that people will remember their kind deeds and overlook their criminal activities.

Christianity works the same way. Behind the scenes the preachers are skimming cash off the collection plate, selling prayer scarfs to gullible believers, and bilking old ladies out of their life savings, but every now and then they go out onto the footpath and start handing out sandwiches and blankets to the homeless. Not necessarily because they want to help the homeless, but because they want to divert attention from that fact that ten minutes ago they were inside the church fucking the children in their care.

djarm67
19th June 2013, 09:43 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/983959_668432126505790_1072634362_n.jpg