PDA

View Full Version : Things you didn't say, but wish you had...

Dane
29th July 2011, 06:55 PM
Sometimes wit, invective or snark just isn't quick enough, and you're kicking yourself when you come up with the perfect response ex tempore. What are yours?

I thought back to about a year ago, when I was discussing politics with someone who had just started college and started taking philosophy. We were talking about healthcare, and I had remarked how healthcare is vital to people's lives, and I was being pestered to define 'vital':Person: We have to define 'vital' so we know we're on the same page.

Embellished response: You're right, I'm sorry. By 'vital' I really mean 'watermelon'. Therefore, healthcare is literally watermelon to people's lives.

With the amount of religion people have encountered, there should be some good ones.

BlueDevil
29th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, there are so many times when you think of the perfect response after the moment has passed.

However sometimes I may be more disturbed by things I did say, but wish I hadn't. ;)

Lord Blackadder
29th July 2011, 08:13 PM
A case of L'esprit de l'escalier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esprit_d%27escalier)? ;)